16 March 2009

Three Easy Pieces

I've been wearing the combo of Barbour jacket, Lands End down vest and J. Press grey flannels like something of a casual Northeast three piece suit for about a week now. I think I like it.
I find that by wearing the vest open at the bottom, and showing some shirt cuff below the sleeve of the Barbour, this group can be imbued with a certain casual country sort of elegance.If I were the sort of man to roam the lake with a rifle under my arm hunting for water fowl, I think I might dress like this, with my flannels tucked in to a high top pair of Maine Hunting Shoes. As things stand, this makes a pretty good look for a budding architect who likes to dress well in an increasingly too-casual business world.As a side note, these old J.Press oxfords had a pretty nice collar roll. Sometimes I see guys wearing button down collars with a lot of starch in them and I wonder why. Isn't the whole point of this kind of clothing the perfectly American concept of fusing dress and casual into a distinctive form of comfortable elegance?

5 comments:

DAM said...

I Like It.

Pigtown*Design said...

One of my favourite things to wear is an old denim jacket with something dressy under, like a cashmere sweater and good wool trousers, or a fun skirt and boots. it puts everything in its place.

Anonymous said...

I like it. And I like the ink on your arm. Makes me like you even more for some unexplainable reason.

Best,

JP

Anonymous said...

Great combo!

Toad and Friends said...

Is it still that cold there?