09 June 2012

Gossamer

I have a mild addiction to blazers with brass buttons. My current collection numbers five, the most recent of which, and most recent favorite, is this number:
True to my own style, a perfect hybrid of "preppy" and British details...or rather, a more accurate truly "preppy" garment.Two button undarted front, three button cuffs, center vent, flap pockets, no shoulder padding.
By good old high holy Southwick of Massachusetts...

...in a very loosely woven hopsack, loose and unstructured...

...so loose as to be absolutely gossamer when held up to the light...

...but not so loose as to not look like tailored clothes on a warm day. The perfect Summer jacket? No doubt in my mind. $5.99 well spent.

8 comments:

FLW said...

Great find. I own that jacket's winter cousin; same details done up in a hefty flannel. Mine wasn't that cheap, but still a steal. Enjoy.

Old School said...

I agree that if you have only five navy blazers, your addiction is a mild one indeed.

Skip Castaneda said...

Great picture of you on the stairwell! Was that an Instagram picture?

Anonymous said...

You've lot weight, haven't you?

Congratulations! You look great.

Anonymous said...

*lost a lot*

sorry for the typo

Pigtown*Design said...

thinking of you this weekend when i found a pair of belgian loafers for $4.94 and promptly sold them on ebay for $125. Should have asked more, but I didn't want to be greedy.

Roger v.d. Velde said...

What a great jacket, until that last photo I'd never have guessed it was so lightweight. Does shirt colour ever show through it?
It looks like it wears better than my 1/4 lined summer tweed

Love the 'modelling shot' complete with GTH green trousers.

WDM said...

I have a Southwick suit made of the exact same material, and I'm fairly obsessed with it. If anyone has a line on a 40R I could always use another...