15 March 2010

An Eye on Spring : Internet Acquisitions

This is what Boston has looked like for the past three days:
photo credit: The Boston Traveler
Raining, cold and windy. Deep puddles like little lakes everywhere. Everybody sharing basement flood horror stories. No one can remember how to drive a car in such weather, and the roads are treacherous. Children (especially small ones) wail and gnash their teeth at not being allowed outdoors. Did I mention that the wind was blasting a fine spray of freezing cold water, sideways and at full speed, on those poor souls unfortunate enough to have to venture out of doors? So, yeah, I'm thinking about the Springtime.

A while back, I picked up a well made and inexpensive driving cap in dark olive corduroy from a place I found online called the Village Hat Shop. I decided to check them out for a Spring cap.I came up with this khaki number in a nice and heavy cotton twill. It's kind of like military cloth. Sure, it's made in China, but it's a quality piece, I like it, and it only cost me $14.95 plus shipping, which was prompt and polite, by the way. An Affordable Wardrobe wholeheartedly supports The Village Hat Shop.

I also relieved my doldrums with a few pairs of brightly colored socks:

Lilac, Pink and Orange, from the Joy of Socks. These bright hose, at $6.50/pair plus shipping, arrived at my house two days after I placed my order. They also had some good looking argyles. My hat is also in the ring for Joy of Socks. Check them out.

If this post seems a little lackluster, my apologies. Mostly, I just wanted that post about Facebook to move down from the top of the page.

9 comments:

Old Trad said...

Thanks for removing that FaceBook stuff from top spot. Eventually, Deo volente, it will disappear to the archives.

spoozyliciouzz said...

Never mind the weather, it´s the same over here in old Europe...the socks should call in spring :)

Unknown said...

Wot, no yeller sox?

Giuseppe said...

Sam,

I was on there looking for yellow, but they were out of stock. Soon as they come back in I plan to nab a few pair.

Scott Alexander said...

Have you worn these socks yet/before? Any comments on the quality? I was thinking of ordering a few pairs. Thanks!

Giuseppe said...

Not Yet, but they do seem to be pretty high quality for short money.

Anonymous said...

I like the red/orange sock the best

Unknown said...

I love red socks (and the Red Sox, come to think of it) - especially heel/toe contrast socks. Just cannot seem to find good ones outside of the UK. Check out TM Lewin - they even have lilac/viloet ones.

Patrick said...

I'm a fan of Joy of Socks. They don't get a lot of play on the MBs, don't know why. Great spring/summer argyles a few years back.