24 February 2011

A Nod to Spring

With warmer temperatures creeping up fast, its time to put some "sunshine" in the daily ensemble:
A yellow cotton crew neck sweater (Polo, $4.99. Note: the sweater is actually quite pastel, it is only my inadequate photography that makes it appear quite electric), with a vintage button down navy stripe oxford from (long gone) Sero and an Italian silk ascot ($1.99).

Below, classic charcoal flannels by J.Press ($5.49) keep me warm, while pale lavender hose and brown suede Italian bit loafers by Salvatore Ferragamo ($6.00) remind us of balmier times to come.
All this simply for a brief trip to the city on a sunny and warm day, as February goes here in the Northeast. The boy even got in the spirit (by his own choice, I might proudly add):
My son keeps it classic in a navy blazer (Nordstrom's, $4.99) and a blue and burgundy tattersall button down (Polo, $1.00), all set off by his very first pocket square, proudly bestowed by dear old Dad himself.

Below, some khakis provide a neutral background to black penny loafers (Nordstrom's, $3.99) set off by bright blue socks (Old Navy...cheap).

Nod to Spring, harken it's arrival and by all means dip a toe in. Just don't get on the diving board while the waters still cold.

7 comments:

Jho78 said...

One of the reasons I started taking an interest in dressing better was so my sons could learn from me. That way, they won't be wearing ratty tshirs every day into their 30s the way I did.

Young Fogey said...

Great outfits--the both of you! It's nice to see your son dressing so well. I wonder how my little guy is going to want to dress once he's old enough to dress himself....

P.S.: Love the ascot. A very stylish way to keep warm. My wife doesn't understand why sometimes I wear a tie on the weekend, even when not going to church. It's to keep my neck and throat warm!

While looking good, of course.

And because I want to wear a tie, rather than an ascot (I have four, including a repurposed ladies' scarf).

Anonymous said...

Wunderkind. Wunderbar.

Britt Sudduth said...

G.

Simply awesome. Your son is well on his way to hip cat cool status!

Britt

Anonymous said...

Where were these items found for so cheap?

Giuseppe said...

That would be telling...

Gentleman's Gazette said...

The yellow of your sweater is great!