09 November 2009

The Debut of Patch Paisley

A while back, I picked up this borderline awful patch paisley necktie. Some of you loved it, more of you hated it, but I thought it had potential. Today, after months in the closet, said tie made it's debut:
Robert Talbott patch paisley tie, Polo university stripe shirt, vintage Brooks Brothers "University Shop" tweed, pocket square that kind of doesn't match, but it was in the pocket from the last time I wore the jacket...close enough...sprezzatura...whatever...
finish with brown suede wingtips by Cole Hahn, red socks (#$%@^&* New York Yankees!!!) and tan cords.

I knew I could pull this one off. Even Mrs. G., my fiercest critic, thought I looked nice today.

In other news...

Toad is back (whew!). Today I finally got around to putting his link back up.

Drinkin' and Dronin' has been added to the list of instructions as well. Don't know how I could have ignored that kid for so long, even if he is a New Yorker...




10 comments:

Luxury tie designer said...

Very nice tie. Very different and Paisley pattern is such a great design. I stay in the area the pattern comes from very stylish.

C said...

I still love it. Looks great G.

L.A.S said...

Brown suede wingtips are boss status.

Brian said...

Tie looks great and I'm right there with you on the #$%@^&* Yankees!

C.J. said...

Love the tie. What do you think of the University Shop line?

Anonymous said...

Um, I think I missed that scarf. That looks a bit funky. (Fun-KAY)

Other than that you looked dashing.

<3

FIXED BAYONET METAL SOLDIERS said...

hankie and Tie shouldn't match du

DAM said...

Fall Finer at it's most Fantastic. Ahahaha. how about that alliteration?

heavy tweed jacket said...

I still think that tie is great. Looks even better now that it is paired with tweed. Excellent!

Arnold Wong said...

Doing a little archival digging here. Great stuff, keep it up!