27 October 2011

AAW Live on Stage

A.R. Gurney's play Children, concerning the decline of the American W.A.S.P. aristocracy and based loosely on a story by Ivy/Trad/Preppy (blech, I hate those terms) guru John Cheever, is running at the Beckett Theatre, part of New York City's "Theatre Row".  A series of panel discussions focusing on various topics touched on in the play is planned, in which yours truly will be a humble participant. I'll be discussing "preppy fashion" and what that means with Ann Weiser after the show on Friday, 4 November.

Come see a ressurected play worth seeing, and if you're lucky I might say something memorable. I may be proficient at writing for the internet, though my public speaking skills are admittedly rusty at best. No rotten tomatoes, please.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

There's one "s" and two "r's" in resurrected, thought you'd want to know that since you'll be on Broadway...congrats.

Giuseppe said...

Cripes, you'd think with all my Catholic education I'd know how to spell "resurrected", of all words. Thank you for kindly pointing that out.

Claude said...

I am placing a Formal YouTube Request.

Jho78 said...

It could also be recorded and released as a podcast...

maven said...

Claude, great idea!!!!!

I want to see it on youtube, too!

I wish we were closer so that we could attend some of the great events in which you plan/participate.