06 October 2010

Coming Soon...

With the second semi-annual Top Shelf Flea Market less than three weeks away, it occurs to me that a pinch of the old shameless self promotion is in order.
Behold the pile, the "back room", "downstairs", my basement, just brimming with treasures any well appointed gent would be happy to possess. Tweed, khaki, moleskin, woolens and down, you name it. I've got you covered this Winter. ( tangent: sometimes people ask me what band I was in back in the old days. One of them is shown clearly in this photo. Can you guess?)
Brass buttoned blazers, vintage Harris tweed checks, and a little bit of real camel hair. Many sizes available, but each piece one of a kind (in a manner of speaking).

Plenty of outerwear to keep a fella warm, ranging from military rain coats to British Chesterfields. In addition to the wonderful hand made original bow ties of The Cordial Churchman, Miss Ellie has told m she'll be sending some scarves made of reclaimed tweed, flannel and corduroy. Excellent.

If you happen to be a size 38 short, and are planning a ski vacation in Flaine (check it out, it's a ski resort town in the Haute Savoie region of France designed entirely by Marcel Breuer. In a Utopia such as this, one can only hope that each room is equipped with a proper hi-fi and a few Gerry Mulligan and Sonny Rollins records) in 1968, you simply must have this sweater. No question. I really wanted it to fit me, but alas, it never will. Please one of you give it the loving home it deserves.
So come on down, grab a beer or a V.O. highball, let my brother shine your shoes, and spend and hour or two meeting some cool vendors and being separated from your money. With a line up like this, I promise you won't regret it.

department of corrections: the bar opens at noon.

24 comments:

spoozyliciouzz said...

Damn, how i´d wish to be there...alas the flight would cost me more than buying the whole flea stuff :)

Have fun!!

John Milton said...

I do happen to be a 38 short, but alas, I don't ski.

Anonymous said...

Is this it for the year? No holiday edition? Or perhaps there will be another, say around Christmas time when I'll be in New England? Hey, a boy can dream right...

Dave Ryan said...

Gotta love those Speed Devils...

TWJ said...

Great looking stash. Oh, the pain of not being able to attend. You should really look at opening up an EBay store front for the rest of us.

And, who did the posters for the "Speed Devils"?

Jho78 said...

You really know how to make a Washington State cheapskate feel left out, don't you?

P.S. I remember Speed Devils being painted on your motorcycle jacket.

Giuseppe said...

The Speed Devils poster was my work. In the old days, I did all of our posters. Someday maybe I'll post some.

Zach said...

Joe,
My stash is bigger than yours.
Let's open a goddamn shop.
Z

Giuseppe said...

Oh Zachary,

That's only a slice of it. I'd have taken more photos, but it's dark down there....

Schorsch said...

Dammit, G. You know I don't live in Boston! If I did, I'd get both of those cable sweaters on the top of the pile. I hope you're moving towards an online business redistributing Boston's vast thrift wealth to the hinterlands.

Anonymous said...

Why are there no entreprenurial chaps like you in Scotland??? Then again, why are there no decent thrift shops in Scotland...?

Young Fogey said...

It's obvious what band you were in: An Affordable Wardrobe!

You have more blue blazers than I have jackets!

Anyway, I wish you good luck at the next Flea. Sadly, I cannot attend, but I'll be with you in spirit. Just out of curiosity, what is your price range for ties, jackets, suits, outerwear, and the like?

Zach said...

Well Curated.

Mike said...

Amazing! How can you store so much stuff! I'd love to come, but as Spoozy just wrote: It would be an expensive journey...

The Boot said...

what size is that sweater? If it's my size, might I be able to purchase it from afar via the internets?

Anonymous said...

G,

are any of those tweed jackets 46 or 48?

JL

Joe aka PreppyPauper said...

You should tour! In Canada! Toronto!

The Red Velvet Shoe said...

I cannot look you in the eye and say I didn't love getting a type written xerox copy in actual mail.

~M

T said...

Damn, Giu. That's an incredible line-up there...and you're right: that sweater IS the nads. Tough size, though.

RulingPart said...

I really like your aesthetic. Your pictures all seem stylish but comfortable, and not at all stuffy. They make me think of sitting in a well-worn club chair with a glass of whiskey, a black lab and a roaring fire.

Anonymous said...

You were in a band called The Cable Knit Sweaters? Cool.

Doneiver said...

I want to come to Boston for this as it's possibly the only place where I would seriously entertain paying the markup for a curated selection of used goods. Thanks Giuseppe.

David M. said...

Is that a green and black wool coat? I hope it's like a Macinaw cruiser. I plan to get there earlier this time.

The Eccentric Orange Gentleman said...

Can we get some internet action on the leftovers at Andy's or on here?