10 November 2010

The Jams

I've heard this song so many times it's inconceivable. You probably have too. FM radio...in the car...at the beach...on a construction site...in the supermarket. You name it. It's easy to ignore. That is, until you hear it on an original vinyl 45.All the sudden you're on the verge of tears as you realize that this little old song is in fact the jam to end all jams. I've played this record at least a dozen times since I got it yesterday. If you don't get what I mean, I don't have time to explain. If you do get what I mean, you're probably digging through your 45s right now.

99cents well spent.

For the love of God, Otis Redding:


Don't argue with me....

6 comments:

Danny said...

More Otis songs that will leave your heart in tatters:

- "These Arms of Mine"
- "That's How Strong My Love Is"
- "You Left the Water Running"

Marqués de Leguineche said...

Great and genuine Otis Redding!
a greeting from Spain.

David M. said...

Shout-out to Steve "The Colonel" Cropper for his guitar work with Otis.

chris said...

Otis is amazing! Agreeing with Danny. Otis Sings Soul Ballads is always on heavy rotation.

Just Some Guy said...

Great song! Thoroughly approve!

Matthew Lawrence Woodwork said...

Get a copy of the Stax 50th Anniversary box set. The whole thing is great. His duet with Carla Thomas, "Tramp," is worth the price. Then add the Dramatics' "Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get," and Johnnie Taylor's "Jody's Got Your Girl and Gone" and you have a top notch collection of Memphis Soul.