17 April 2011

Bidding In Reverse

The bidding will start at $125, do I hear $125? I have $82.99 in the back, $82.99, Do I have $70? $70, on the phone. Yes, $61.99, gentleman on the isle. Do I hear $55? $6.99, crazy fellow dressed head to toe in old stuff that he went to terrible trouble in chaotic and dirty thrift shops to acquire. Going once, going twice...sold for $6.99 to the crazy fellow. Congratulations, sir.

Crispy khakis, cut like fine dress pants, made of luxurious Italian fabric, the perfect shade of khaki with just a whiff of sheen about them. Unfinished hems. Made in Korea, but you know what? My trusted tailor is also from  Korea. I'll keep these on a hanger, my "good khakis" for when I need (or want) to look especially crispy. (Just not at a funeral).

p.s. In reference to this post, best spam comment so far:

I in items value graciously your masterly approach. These are pieces of damned fit tidings that transference be of thoroughgoing ingest bound than of me in following

Brilliant

3 comments:

Roger v.d. Velde said...

Haha "crazy fellow" indeed. I like the new header, all two-button-sleeve jackets.

cfb said...

This post is making me miss the old Filene's Basement days something wicked. I recall the time I thought finding something for "charity" meant it was free! Ha ha...I was corrected by the women at the downstairs counter. Silly twenty-something...

Jonathan said...

It's called a Dutch auction when the bid starts high and is sold to the first bidder. Not that names matter--much.