29 January 2014

Auld Lang Syne

I recently accepted a very last minute invitation to a Robbie Burns Supper. It was a lovely evening filled with friendly company and sparkling conversation, three holes of Caledonian golf (read, grown people playing mini golf indoors), haggis dinner, and of course, plenty of Scotch Whisky, all of it in a lovely setting representative of old Boston. Not a bad place to wear the trousers from a vintage tuxedo with a vintage tartan jacket and a dress shirt with a Marcella bib, cuffs, and detachable collar with a body in Black Watch

Thanks for the invitation, YWP (remember him?) Scots Wha Hae and Gie Her a Haggis!

5 comments:

FLW said...

Great attire, great picture, great event.

The only downside was that I could tell right away it had Yankee Whiskey Papa's fingerprints all over it and that made me miss his fantastic blog. Please give him my best on behalf of all his online fans.

Ian said...

Bravo G.

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face...

oldmoney said...

Great outfit! Best regards to YWP.

Anonymous said...

You look great. Please pass on the best of regards to YWP. His writings are very much missed.

Joe said...

I'll send him all your best wishes. I miss his blog also, and am fortunate to count him among my flesh-and-blood friends.