27 December 2008

Versatility

Quality and versatility are two of the most important things a man should consider when choosing his clothes. There's no reason that an outfit can't be equally appropriate for either duck hunting in the Scottish countryside (which I didn't do today) or scouring record stores in Harvard Square on a dreary afternoon (which I did do today).

I do love this red sweater, but I have a confession to make. It smells of moth balls, and as a result so did I by the time I came home. The funny thing is that having spent the entire afternoon scouring dusty second hand record shops, I didn't notice it until I returned home. My shirt, undershirt and possibly even my chest hair all smelled of it. Gross. I better go take a shower.

Dry cleaning is needed post haste.

3 comments:

The Tyrant said...

Looking good.

Plaid Dad said...

the word 'gross' was one of my favorites in the fifth grade,second only to 'crud'.Oh those Catholic school days...

Nick said...

Recently found your blog and have been going through it and enjoying the different style ideas that you are giving me. Today I stopped in the local Goodwill during my lunch hour and picked up a few items including a tie very much like the one in this picture and had no idea what to wear it with. Your picture just inspired me greatly. Thanks.